What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident

At the law office of Shelley L. Bilbrey, PC, we understand that a motor vehicle accident can happen seemingly out of nowhere and cause drastic consequences for anyone involved.
Injuries, medical bills, lost wages, loss of future income capacity, loss of the consortium of loved ones - all are among the potentially dire concerns that can present themselves to individuals and families following a motor vehicle collision. Whether you were involved in a commercial truck, car, motorcycle, boat, or municipal bus crash, it is important to know what to do after a motor vehicle accident.

We recommend you protect your legal options immediately by contacting an experienced lawyer. You may contact our law firm in Huntsville, Alabama, today at 256-288-0704.

Our North Alabama Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help

If you are wondering what to do after a motor vehicle accident, we recommend you take the following actions, in order of priority:

Call an attorney, even before calling your auto insurer. A lawyer will always represent you; an insurance company will not always look out for your best interests.
Call the police to report a collision. This will establish a police report that can later be used to your advantage when negotiating for a settlement, or for proving your case in court.
Seek medical treatment. A rush of adrenaline immediately after trauma may mask accident injuries. Medical personnel are trained to recognize these injuries. Further, medical reports can be important to any later recovery for medical bills, lost income, or disability. Even if you lack health insurance, it is important to seek medical treatment sooner - when the iron is hot - rather than later, when it will become more difficult to prove an accident caused your injuries.
Contact your auto insurance representative. Notifying your insurer can establish grounds for any accident claims you make against your insurance policy. Get insurance information from other motorists involved in the collision. Just as you should contact your own insurer, you need information from other drivers in case they are determined to be at fault.
Take photographs of the accident scene. Visual evidence can help prove your case to insurers or in court, especially if accident reports are incomplete or inconclusive.

You Have the Right Not to Remain Silent

Remember, you have the right to have an attorney represent you during your motor vehicle accident process. An experienced and effective attorney can help you determine what to do after a motor vehicle accident and safeguard your interests in negotiations and in court - whether you are the plaintiff or a defendant in a motor vehicle accident action.

For honest and supportive representation in your motor vehicle accident case, call Shelley L. Bilbrey, PC, today at 256-288-0704, or by e-mail.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.